Monday, July 2, 2007

The ones that got away.



I did not get the chairs. I thought I would pay $100 per chair. Since I will need to buy fabric and pay to get them reupholstered, I did not want to go too high and thought that was reasonable. Well I was out bid. They went for $230 – PER CHAIR! I always knew I had expensive taste. They must have been a famous maker that I did not recognize. (The only markings on the chairs were from the place they were previously reupholstered.) I was going to have them reupholstered in a muted pink twill fabric similar to the sofa from Absolutely Beautiful Things. They would have looked amazing, but I was not about to put $1,000 (including fabric and reupholstering) into two chairs at this point in my life. Oh well, there will be another pair.

1 comment:

Decorno said...

Ok, I know this is an old post, but oh I feel your pain letting those get away....