Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Fun Art.

I am always looking for fun and cheap artwork for our house. Someday we will start a serious art collection, but for now I search Etsy and flea markets for unique items. Here are two great ideas I found in my inspiration folder.


This is from an old House & Garden magazine of a bathroom wallpapered in vintage flower pins. This is a fun unexpected twist to a powder room, but I don’t think Nick will go for it. I need to find away to do this on a smaller scale. I have been collecting pins, so someday I will be able to do something with them.


I love this grouping of photographs of European Cathedral domes. I found a book at Pottery Barn called Visions of Heaven featuring all these images. Placed in a grouping they look like kaleidoscope images, but when you look really closely you can see the architecture and details of each dome. I am planning on frame some from my book and hang in a similar grouping, just not sure where yet.

No comments: