Monday, May 11, 2009
Inching to the finish line.
Ta-da! The island has been painted black and looks so wonderful. We decided to go with straight B. Moore Black for the paint. I was getting too over whelmed with the other options. This photo does not show it, but we have also hung the hardware for a pendent shade over the island. We have ordered a Restoration Hardware glass pendent, however we had the chrome hardware for a single pendent shade in the basement and in an effort to save on money are going to use that instead.
Light fixture we need to return - I like it, but free is better.
We are slowing finishing the kitchen. The to do list is getting shorter. I cannot wait till we have the room complete, but I am sure once we finish this list, I will have a new idea and the list will grow all over again.
1. Island - install hardware
2. Lighting - Need to find a fabric shade for over the island.
3. Baseboards/Crown - install and finish painting
4. Need new dining room table
5. Reupholster club chairs - (Fabric color?)
6. Paint the china cabinet - (color?)
7. Finish the desk area (paint shelves, glass top)
8. Pantry hardware install
9. New closet door.