Friday, May 23, 2008

Weekend Project - Bar Stools



Nick and I have been planning our kitchen island for a while and wanted to make sure the design included space for at least two bar stools. I thought the island would come before the stools, however over the past weekend my mom purchased a set of four bar stools that are faux bamboo. At first glance they are not the most attractive (peach with pineapple fabric), but with new paint and seat fabric they will be awesome. I am going to paint them a robin's egg blue/turquoise in high gloss and upholster the seats in white vinyl. I think the color will look great with the grey floors and pull out the blues in the Caesar Stone counters once the island is installed. I am so excited for Memorial weekend projects, look for more to come.

Potential Blue Color (I cheat and use spray paint)

No comments: