Monday, April 14, 2008
I purchased 7 yards of fabric at Ikea to attempt to make curtains for the kitchen/dinning room. I was planning on doing a fun bright color (turquoise or yellow), but I found this black and white print and chickened out. I have one panel 90% complete. I am waiting to finish the top once I purchase the hanging rod and confirm the length. I was really scared at attempting curtains, however so far it has been really easy (knock on wood). All straight lines and I can use the straight stitch on my machine, which is the only stitch I know how to use. Hopefully by this weekend I will have them completed. I hope I like them when they are done. The test I did of Nick holding the fabric next to the French doors was inconclusive.