Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Chairs are back!!

About 5 weeks ago we sent the (fugly) peach chairs out to be recovered in wool felt and on Saturday they arrived back home!! Our lovely $10 chairs have come so far. Plus now Nick cannot make fun of me for never getting anything recovered. The felt might not have been the best choice of fabric for this style of chair, however they feel like butter.


I realize these two photos will be much more impactful if I show you the before photo of the chairs. We have no idea who was the orginal maker of these chairs since they had already been recovered at least once before. I love the chrome legs and the long arms so don't really care if they are a big name or not.

And to show you how comfortable these chairs are, just take a look at our peanut lounging for the first time. Approved. The only bad part is right now the edges are covred in tape to make sure the cats don't start scratching at the new fabric.

6 comments:

LindsB said...

what a difference new fabric makes, they look just beautiful now!

Jen said...

The chairs are beautiful and I love the pillows.

A Perfect Gray said...

incredible...love those...great fabric choice and are those legs metal? wow! love that...

jonalynn said...

Stunning chairs. I love the shape. Good riddance peach fabric! This is kind of a random question, but I noticed the circle-print curtains in the background of the before picture and was wondering where you purchased them or what fabric you used to make them? They are fabulous!

jonalynn said...

Stunning chairs. I love their shape. Good riddance peach fabric! This is kind of a random question, but I noticed the circle-print curtains in the background of the before picture of the chair and was wondering where you purchased them or what fabric you used to make them? They are fabulous!

IzzyLu said...

The fabric is actually from Ikea - I purchased the fabric about 1-2 years ago. I am not sure if they still carry it, but I think it was only $7 per yard.