Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mystery Solved

A few weeks back I went to a local auction to bid on a pair of modern chairs and was completely out bid. I assumed the other bidder knew more about the chairs' real value than I did, but they were still out of my price range. I found them on 1st Dibs tonight at Visiona in Florida. They are Milo Baughman chairs from the 1970s. The pair I saw were in equally good condition. At $3,200 for the pair, the $275 per chair price I passed up does not seem that extravagant.


Auction Chairs

Expensive Chairs

1 comment:

Mrs. Blandings said...

Oh, darn. My husband and I walked away from a outrageously expensive (for out budget)/amazingly cheap (which we didn't know) regency mirror right after we got married. It still gives me pangs. Hopefully, you're a little more Zen than I am.