Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The $50 Makeover

Ta Da! Here is the (almost) completed $50 guest bedroom makeover!

Ok, it was a little more than $50 since I purchase new curtain hooks and fabric to line the curtains, but the only new decor item purchased was the Vera Pillow from Anthropologie so I am calling it my $50 makeover. We are so proud to have one room in the house that looks finished and totally like us. I am trying to go back through the photo archives to find my previous horrible attempts at decorating the room to show how far we come, but I think I was too embarrassed of the bad color choices to ever take photos of the room. We still need to get some more artwork, make a bedskirt and figure out the accessories, but those items will come over time.

Here is the breakdown of the room:

  • Curtain Rod - Crate and Barrel - previously used in the living room
  • Curtain Rings - Jo Ann's
  • Green Curtains - West Elm - previously used in the living room
  • Duvet Cover – Kate Spade (I miss the linen collection)
  • Mirrored Side table – Bombay Company, previously used in the master
  • Rug - Pottery Barn Outlet, was in James' room
  • Antique Side table - borrowing from my parents
  • Lamps – Home Goods, - previously used in the living room
  • Artwork (vintage model home watercolors) – Purchased from Springfield Antique Fair
  • Bed and Dresser – Vintage auction purchase painted black

4 comments:

LindsB said...

I love this!! The graphic black and white in combo with the bright Kelly Green is beautiful!

l.alden said...

Where is the bench in the second image from? I love it!

paula said...

looks wonderful! love the color palette.

La Maison Fou said...

I really lik the make over. Ever think of putting that sette at the foot of the bed? The one by the dresser drawers by the door? What a place to take your shoes off of toss a sweater on.....
L.